What is Ayurvedic Yoga Massage (AYM)
Ayurvedic Yoga Massage is a treatment that combines deep tissue massage therapy with yoga-based assisted stretching, tractions, mobilisations and breathwork. It takes place on a mattress on the floor and usually lasts between 60 and 90 minutes.
This massage uses Calamus root powder applied with natural oil in slow, deep massage strokes performed with the hands and the feet. Focuses on physically softening any tension in the muscles, ligaments, tendons and fascia. It is relevant to note that the massage is tailor-made when adjusting the pressure and selecting the series of stretches to suit individual needs.
Treatments are focused on the whole body, as our nervous system, muscles and circulation are connected. The session provides a deep sense of openness and well-being on a physical, psychological and emotional level.
Regular treatments could really make a difference in our life.
Benefits of Ayurvedic Restorative Yoga MAssage (ARYM®)
- Enhances muscular coordination
- Develops proprioception
- Promotes circulation of all body liquids
- Reduces muscular over-tension
- Increases flexibility and range of motion
- Realigns anatomical structure
- Increases energy
- Rebuilds one’s reserves
- Mental stress and physical tension
- Joints and muscle pain related to stiffness or illness, such as tendonitis, Arthritis, …
- Respiratory problems, such as shallow breathing, asthma…
- Circulatory problems related to stiffness and lack of exercise
- Bad posture and all forms of back, neck, and shoulder pain
- Pain in the limbs, such as repetitive strain injuries (RSIs), morning stiffness, knee pain, tennis and golf elbow, Rheumatoid Poly Arthritis, imbalance in the hip joints
- Constipation, transit problems
- Stress, anxiety, depression, exhaustion, and lethargy
- Migraine, headaches, insomnia, and other sleep-related problems
Using Calamus powder for massage and it’s benefit:
Calamus has been used in Ayurveda for thousands of years and prescribed in many formulations as one of the top ten herbal medicines.
The benefits are:
- It improves circulation in the body: oil massage done with Calamus powder can help re-establish proper function in the circulatory system.
- It promotes the removal of toxins.
- It invigorates the skin removing dead cells.
- It helps to maintain suppleness and youthfulness through blood circulation and skin cell regeneration.
- It balances the effects of Vata (responsible for ageing).
- It stimulates nervous system activity on the body, providing a purifying and cleansing influence to the physiology.
- It helps to fight depression and confer strength and immunity on the system.