The term comes from the Japanese words “rei,” meaning mysterious, ethereal or sacred, and “ki,” which means energy that flows through all living things. Reiki, an abundant, gentle spiritual energy is not tied to any specific religion or nationality.
Mr. Mikao Usui has found the Reiki in 1922 while he was meditating on Kurama Mountain in Kyoto, Japan. He opened the Usui Reiki Ryoho Gakkai in Tokyo to share the healing ability with his students.
Reiki practitioners use their hands to deliver energy to your body, improving the flow and balance of your energy to support healing. My session usually lasts 60 minutes, starting with a short relaxation which helps you get to a state where treatment can be more effective.
The benefits of Reiki Treatments
People use reiki for relaxation, stress reduction and symptom relief, in efforts to improve overall health and well-being. A reiki treatment may do the following:
- Bring about a peaceful, deep state of relaxation.
- Dissolve energy blockages and tension.
- Detoxify the body.
- Support the well-being of a person receiving traditional medical treatment that is debilitating (e.g., chemotherapy, radiation, surgery, kidney dialysis).
- Supply universal life force energy to the body.
- Stimulate the body’s immune system.
- Help to relieve pain.
- Stimulate tissue and bone healing after injury or surgery.
- Increase the vibrational frequency on physical, mental emotional and spiritual levels.
Reiki, which is used all over the world including in many hospitals and hospices, aids in healing by helping people become more balanced physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually.